I love a good mask and you all know charcoal has my heart.
So, once I discovered Glam Glow all those months ago, the SuperMud became an instant favourite of mine.
What’s in it
The main ingredient in this Glam Glow mask is charcoal. I’ve mentioned the wonders of charcoal in a couple of other posts and you can see my obsession with it in posts like my Biore Brand Loves and Skincare Routine, in summary it basically acts as a magnet to dirt. Once in contact with the skin the dirt is attracted to it, pulling it out to the surface and away from your face, so you can see why I’m keen to use it in nearly every face product I own. Anything to rid myself of the dirt. They also use Eucalyptus Leaf in the product which has been known to help your overall skin health and is able to relieve any irritations, which allows this mask to calm down the acne on your face.
How it helps
I use it two different ways;
- As a mask: I do a mask once a week, sometimes spreading it to every two weeks. As I have a little bit more sensitive skin and it dries easily, I don’t want to cover it in products, freak it out and then break out, so I’ve been working on knowing the product first so I can use it as it says; 1-3 times a week. I use a mask mostly before and after my period, as that is when my face is at more risk of dirt and spots. I wash my face with warm water to open my pores, wear the mask for 15-20 mins then wash off with my scrub in cold water to then close the pores up again. You can see it working with all the pores opening up to release the dirt.
- To dry out spots: My main way of using this mask. If I start to get an under-skin pimple, or any that need drying up, I put a tiny bit of this over the top before bed and sleep with it on. By morning they have shrunk in size or dried up completely. It has been a complete game changer for my skin this way. I’m in love. Perfect for people with acne! I have seen people rave that using it frequently has cleared their acne. Since I’ve been using it I’ve noticed my breakouts are becoming less and less.
Fresh faced and feeling sweet. My pores feel clean and tight, good enough that I’m even going to post a makeup-less photo below to show my skin right after using the mask. Over night for spot treatments are the best, drying spots up in a nice clean way to stop them growing by morning. Perfect if you have an event/ get together the next day and want to be looking your best. If you use the mask 3 times a week your pores are going to become smaller, and the breakouts will be gone.
Price and Quality
Okay, its expensive depending on what size you get. I’m using the one that’s $98 (50g), you can get 15g for $27 or raise the stakes at 100ml for $115. This said, like any expensive product this lasts a while. I’ve had this one mask for a few months and it hasn’t dried out. You get a lot with a little. You only need a little to cover your whole area, plus you get a few good face masks out of the bottle before running out. This way when you think about how much product you get for the $115 it ends up totaling itself out.
You know I love letting you know if something is on the cruelty free list, unfortunately glam glow is not. Probably one of the only down falls to this product considering I like most of my makeup and skin care to be cruelty free. So it’s up to you. It works too well for me to give it a pass and hopefully in the future they will look into being on that list.
Glam Glow Range
Glam glow have a lot of masks to try, so I recommend getting the packs like I did at the beginning to see which ones work best for you. My second favourite is the moisturizing mask, it smells like caramel and gives you a lift while also making you feel smooth. Trial and error is key here when finding the right mask, the YouthMud for example was way to strong for my skin type and I had to take it off within seconds whereas I had a friend whose skin wasn’t bothered. You can usually grab samples from the retailer, which is great, to see what triggers your skin and what helps.
Last minute Pros and Cons
- Skin looks radiant after one use
- After only a couple of weeks, breakouts/acne has calmed down
- Skin becomes firm and pores are tightened
- A little product goes a long way
- Can be used multiple ways depending on what needed for
- Not Cruelty Free
- Not for people who don’t get overly bad breakouts
- Is expensive for those on a budget
- Can dry out drier skin types. Make sure to moisturize after use.
Over all I love this product and it is a staple in my skincare routine. I feel great after using it and can’t wait to see how much better my skin can get. So give it a try! Let me know below if you’ve used this product before or if you’re interested in doing so. What face masks make you go heart eyes for?